Monday, July 5, 2010

Busy Busy Life

the view from my room at Casa

So, after 6 months of doing practically nothing at home, I've finally started college! The past few days have been busy and I scarcely had time to come online, let alone blog, so sorry for abandoning you guys. My roommates and I have taken to exploring the surrounding area since Friday, and we've visited most of the major malls in the area. Sunway Pyramid was amazing, The Summit sucked (though I did get two new books from there).
And now that my Maxis broadband is giving me hell every day, even if I do get the chance to come online, I find that I keep getting disconnected, which is totally annoying. I can't even post comments on FB properly. And don't even start on Youtube videos, which stops loading just a few seconds into it. Finally solved my problem when I realised the reception was a helluva lot better in my living room. So now I can come online, even though it is still not ideal for videos, at least I can get on FB and ReCom without any hitches. Which is like a tremendous gift, after the past few days of volatile connections.

But I digress. I'm not supposed to spend that much time online anyway, with the mountains of assignments that are sure to come my way as soon as classes start on Wednesday. I'll be busy, but hopefully I'll still find time to FB and blog about my life here. It's a great experience, meeting new friends every day, and being able to wear anything I want to college. And food is no longer a problem now, since my roommates and I have started cooking with our trusty rice cooker, bought just yesterday from a Mydin within walking distance from our new home.

Well, money is still scarce though, because JPA only provides us with RM430 per month, and the predicted expenditure at Sunway is RM 1450 per month. What with the books costing more than a hundred bucks each, and the expensive food at the cafetaria, sure makes me wonder how we're going to survive for the next 1.5 years. Hopefully, by cooking ourselves, our wallets won't be as empty as they would've been!

No comments:

Post a Comment