Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sugarland's 'Stuck Like Glue' video features an Awesome 'Chuck' star


Entertainment Weekly: Twitter tells me you shot the “Stuck Like Glue” video with Ryan McPartlin, better known as Awesome from Chuck. I’ve since heard the video’s plot has you stalking him. What made Awesome a good candidate for stalking?
Jennifer Nettles: When you see his character that he plays on Chuck, you know, he is Captain Awesome. He’s the perfect guy. He’s the perfect boyfriend, he’s the perfect athlete. We thought that would be a funny twist. He fits the profile. Very handsome. And he’s a good actor as well, and also a nice guy.

The song is very cheerful. How does the stalking play in?
Well. It’s about a relationship, and it has a lot of levity in it, but it’s the concept of being attached to one person. Sometimes you have good days, sometimes you have bad days. The twist on the video is it’s in this world in this crazy woman’s head where she thinks she is in this type of relationship with this person, and is stuck with him, and stuck on him, and in her mind, they are inseparable. In his mind, she is a crazy lunatic. You know what she reminds me of? A sexy Dolores Umbridge, from Harry Potter. You know how she was, like, pink, and puppies, and kittens n’ s—? And then she made him scratch out all that stuff on his hand that was really awful and evil? Yeah. She’s like a sexy Dolores Umbridge. I hope I pulled it off.

You shot in LA?
Yes. In a neighborhood somewhere, and then also in a warehouse, which was my lair.

While you’re busy stalking, what’s Kristian doing?
He was my henchman. Totally my accomplice. With very important responsibilities like bagging the object of my obsessive affections. Bagging him for the kidnapping. Literally bagging him, over the head. Driving the getaway car. He had a lot of responsibilities so that I could be crazy, which is kind of like our lives. [laughs]

What’s the closest you’ve personally come to stalking someone?
I’m not big on that.

Are you a Chuck fan, and is this ploy to get on the show real?
I would love to be on the show! But it wasn’t a strategic thing, like, “Okay, we’re gonna pick Awesome so that we can then be on the show.” It wasn’t any scratch-my-back-I’ll-scratch-yours kind of showbiz thing. It was just funny. And yes, of course, we would love to be on the show. Kristian is a huge fan. I haven’t seen it since the first season. Now I feel energized to go check out what’s going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment