Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eddie Montgomery Diagnosed with Cancer


Eddie Montgomery of the award-winning country duo Montgomery Gentry, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

“I will be undergoing surgery to remove the cancerous tumor in December," Eddie said in a statement released tonight (Nov. 18) by his publicist. "I will be back in January ready to rock for all the fans! Please keep my family and I in your prayers.”

I definitely admire him for his spirit and optimism in battling this disease. Getting cancer is not something you can accept easily as it is both deadly and extremely painful. I hope he'll get well soon, and continue singing as before. The world of country music would face a great loss if the cancer takes its toll.

If you want to dedicate prayers to him and his family, you can do so here. the link takes you to Eddie's Facebook page, where adoring fans from all over the world have started to offer their encouragement when they learned of the news. I am one of them, and I hope that all of you will be there too, for Eddie is an amazing guy and he needs all the prayers he can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment