Sunday, February 28, 2010


Well, it's been a while since I actually wrote anything for my blog, so here goes nothing. As you can see from the layout of my blog, I am currently TOTALLY ADDICTED to Lost! All of a sudden, it hit me as one of the best TV shows of the decade. With all the mysteries surrounding the island and it's inhabitants, I became totally hooked, even after a Lost-less year in 2009 due to SPM.

For the past few months, I realised that TV shows don't really excite me anymore. Not even Heroes which used to be my favourite. I don't wait anxiously after each episode, wondering what would come next. It simply slips my mind in the mere hours following the episode. I actually wondered if I was losing my sense of curiosity. Then came Lost. It's like, I am finally back to who I was before. Always eager, mind filled with questions, and actually caring about what happens to the characters!

Season 6 started with a new event : flash-sideways. The characters lives, had they not crashed on the island, is revealed. Jack has a son. Kate is still on the run. John is getting married. Charlie tried to commit suicide. Hugo is a really lucky guy. Rose accepted the fact that she was dying. Japanese guy (the leader of the Others) has a son who plays the piano. And Ben is actually a teacher! These people are totally different from those on the island, whose lives are pretty broken down.


While checking out the promotional poster for the sixth (and final) season of Lost, I suddenly realised how appropriate it would be as my blog header! Yeah, weird right? I've always been looking for an image that would illustrate the meaning of my blog, Alone in a Crowded World. Then I saw the poster and something clicked. (As you can see, the picture consists of the various characters of Lost, arranged in a row. At the centre stands John Locke aka 'Smokey' aka 'MIB', and he's the only person standing with his back to us viewers. Thus, alone in a crowded world, or in this case, island.)

"Enough about Lost!" I can hear those of you who aren't interested screaming to me these exact words. Haha. Ok. I've probably bored those of you who don't watch the show to death by now! Sorry!


Well, my life is pretty much the same, albeit the fact that I've recently acquired a new interest : a culinary one! Oddly, I find myself attracted to this activity, which I now perform daily at home. I get a sense of satisfaction to be able to actually prepare something that tastes good for my family. Maybe in the future I'll end up as a chef. Who knows? (though I'm sure a lot of people would say, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!?") But what I have to say is that I want to be who I am, not who others say I should be. I'm not telling you guys to bug off though. I appreciate the concerns, but let me make my own decisions.

Something else on my mind is the fact that SPM results are going to be announced soon! I'm sure I'm not the only one quaking in my boots as the day of the results draw nearer. Rumor has it that Judgement Day falls on the 16th of March, and I tend to agree due to the fact that those of you who are currently undergoing National Service will be returning on the 14th. I might be wrong though, so don't trust me wholeheartedly.

Everything will change soon, as soon as the results are out. And the next phase of my life is about to begin. College. For those of you who have already begun this, I laud you. You are brave and hardworking enough, unlike me, who preferred to stay at home. ;-) But it is unavoidable. Soon, I too will join you. It's just a matter of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment