Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glee : Regionals


Truth be told, this episode wasn't all that bad! The highlight of the hour is Finn and Rachel's performance of Faithfully, as seen above. Well, as I never review finales in case I spoil it for some of you, let me just say that it's a tremendous improvement from last week's Funk. I was proven wrong in my predictions of how this episode would go in my review last week, so I'm glad, though I did get one part right. Watch it and you'll see.

That said, I doubt I'll be watching the next season of Glee when it returns. There're just too many painful moments to sit throguh before we actually get an episode worth watching, like Home, or this one. Throughout the second half of season 1, I only liked two episodes. The rest were rather ridiculous. However, I must offer some words of praise for their amazing performance at Regionals. It was one of my favorite moments during the show.

The songs in this episode, which didn't make it into the Glee Vol. 3 Soundtrack, will be released in a special EP entitled Journey to Regionals. I already got my copy and it's definitely worth it, for the songs I mean. The Regionals version of Don't Stop Believing has the entire cast singing instead of just Finn and Rachel, so it's a definite improvement. Puck and Will's duet of Somewhere Over the Rainbow also makes an instant classic. And last but no least, Vocal Adrenaline's rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was simply amazing!

Well, I'll end this on a high note. Goodbye Glee, I sure had some fun watching you!

No comments:

Post a Comment