Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Incredible Machine - Sugarland (Album Review)


When I first got my hands on this album, I was so excited. It was the same day they released Little Miss on iTunes and I started listening to the album as soon as I had the chance. And it does not disappoint.


The outstanding tracks are Every Girl Like Me and Little Miss. Those two simply popped out at me the first time I listened and I can't stop listening to them since. they're by far the best tracks on the album. And another good thing about The Incredible Machine is that it seems to be Kristian's coming-out album. He gets to sing more and more, and his vocals on the Interlude track is simply beautiful and haunting. I'm hoping he'll sing more after this, perhaps even get a solo with Jennifer in the background.

The fact that this album doesn't sound country at all shows how much Sugarland has progressed as a group. They are no longer bound by the rules of genres because they've created their own niche in the industry. Listen to any song off this album and you'll immediately know it's a Sugarland track. They have successfully created their own unique sound, starting with last year's Love On the Inside.

All in all, The Incredible Machine makes for great listening. It's fun, upbeat, catchy, and even touching on certain tracks. This is what makes a good album, one destined for the top of the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment