Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dreams or Reality?


I've always wondered which of my memories actually happened? Some of them might be nightly fantasies that have stayed stuck in my head for inexplicable reasons. For certain quirky scenes, I can be absolutely sure that they're created by my overactive brain during the lull of darkness. But for the more... let's just say 'normal' ones, I'm in two minds about them. Those with conversations, chance encounters with old friends; sometimes I mistake them for real events and end up confusing myself and the other party involved.

Imagine telling someone something about him that you heard in a dream. Like... he won a lottery or something and promised to give you a treat. How embarrassing would that be? I did that once, not the lottery thing, but another incident about how two of my friends were related when they are actually, not. I wish these recollections come labeled with something you could use to distinguish between its authenticity and ersatzness (I hope this word exists).

Till today, I am still wondering. Had my life really been this way, or is it all just some distant fantasy, a result of an extravagant imagination and too many story books? But I digress. I would never trade either of those for anything else in the world, for if I do, then I won't be me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment