Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 Is Finally Picking Up


Thank God that 24 is finally picking up paces! Episode 16 was the best of the season so far. With the death of President Hassan, President Taylor's peace programme is in pieces and Russia is apparently backing down their support. Jack failed the president for the very first time this season.

Episodes 1 till 15 were so damn predictable that I could watch the front few minutes and pretty much guess how the ending goes. But now, the show's finally going into uncharted waters. I wanted Hassan to die, but I doubted that they would actually do it, and they did. So I am impressed. Season 8 has now become a little less like all its previous seasons and starting to create a name of its own. 

Before this, we feel a sense of deja vu watching it. Terrorists. Check. Nuclear bomb. Check. Kill millions of people. Check. Jack Bauer saving the day. Errr.... no. With the loss of President Hassan, Jack is finally portrayed as a normal human being, and not a super hero who ends up saving everyone's lives. He is mortal again.

I seriously wonder what will happen next. Probably a new villain will be introduced, since all the existing ones have been shot by Jack, except Dana, who is certainly hiding something important from CTU. (And I have to say this, CTU sucks) I presume that like all the previous seasons, someone high up in the government will be the evil mastermind behind it all, just like the previous seasons. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, because then my recently acquired good impression of 24 will shatter once again for being too predictable.

Since we all know this is the last season and Day 9 would only be a movie, I can safely assume that Jack will survive this season. He'll probably lose someone he loves though, just like before. (Again, hope I'm wrong) I pray it's Renee, because the only other alternatives are Kim and his granddaughter (I forgot her name), and those two dying would really suck. Jack already started by losing his wife, let him not end by losing his family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment