Friday, April 23, 2010

Party Heard Around the World - Lonestar (Album Review)


The newest offering from country band Lonestar, Party Heard Around the World, consists of 10 tracks. With the amazing vocals of new lead singer Cody Collins, he proves his worth as the replacement of Richie McDonald. There aren't many ballads here like their famous 'Amazed' or 'I'm Already There', but the first single 'You're the Reason Why' shows Collins vocal prowess in creating an impeccable ballad.

My current favorites are the aforementioned track, Beat (I Can Feel Your Heart), She Wants What She Wants and The Future. All are powerful ballads, perhaps not as good as their previous efforts, but they still make a good listen. The title track is an upbeat tempo song, not really my type but perhaps it'll grow on me with more listens.

Party Heard Around the World is not excellent, but it is still pretty damn good. I'm sure most of you, especially those who are already fans of Lonestar, will enjoy Collins debut effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment