Monday, April 12, 2010

Khazanah Tomorrow!


After a tiring day of exploring KL and walking to and from monorail stations, I'm now finally back in the hotel. Yeah! Thank God! This place is a nightmare for small-towners like me. But it's something I'll have to get used to the life here, seeing as I'll be studying here for the next 5 years most probably, whether or not I get any scholarship offers.

Staying at the Mandarin Court Hotel, the first thing that hit me was how small the entrance to the parking area was. I mean, it's so freaking tiny that the walls are covered with paint stains from other cars. What a place! Good thing my car didn't add to the decoration on the walls. As we headed up into the depths of the car park, I realized that all the ramps were so damn tiny that it is just right for a car to fit through. Any larger and oh, the hotel has a new paint job!

In the lobby, we ran into a large group of tourists, either from China or Korea, since they were speaking both languages (I guess). It took several trips until the coast was clear and I could get a lift to myself. Huh, what a relief! My room is on the 13th floor (what a number) and has a view of a gigantic poster of Percy Jackson (one of the movies I absolutely hate!). but that turned out to be the least of my worries.


Entering the room, I realized how small it was. It was half as large compared to any other hotel I've been to, including the cheaper ones. There's a tiny TV, two single beds, a table and a couch, all stuffed so close that there was just enough space for us to squeeze our way through the room. I was thinking, ok, I can deal with this. Then I entered the toilet and WTF!!!!

The shower doesn't work. Only a thin trickle of water flows from it when I turn on the tap. What a toilet. I ended up bathing from the sink using a cup I found in the room. Don't try to picture the scene, it was weird! Ended up wetting the entire bathroom because I couldn't reach the bathtub from the sink, even after considering how small the toilet was. I'll be repeating this modus operandi tomorrow morning. Really pity the guy who drinks from the cup next time. HAHA!


Feeling sleepy now after a whole day of walking. Maybe I'll turn in earlier in preparation for tomorrow. Have to be there by 8.30, guys! I'd better not be late or risk creating a bad impression of myself. So, I'll update after the event tomorrow, most probably when I'm back in my home sweet home again. Taiping, seriously miss you when I'm here.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment